Mediterranean Chickpea Salad

May 31, 2013


Brighten up your summer with this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad.  This easy Mediterranean salad goes with fish, chicken or beef and can be made ahead of time.  This salad is perfect for any BBQ or during the week for a quick salad.  I hope you enjoy this recipe!


Mediterranean Chickpea Salad

Serves 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

1 can (15.5 oz.) Chick Peas (Garbanzos beans) drained and rinsed
1/2 pint (about 5 oz.) cherry tomatoes, quartered, or you can cut up a big tomato (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 cucumber, seeded and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 red onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

In medium mixing bowl, gently stir together chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions until combined, set aside.

In separate medium bowl, stir together lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Using a whisk, add olive oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly until oil is well incorporated.

Toss oil-lemon dressing with reserved vegetables until coated completely.  Serve chilled or at room temperature.


Julie

4 comments

  1. I make a similar salad. I love these flavors! Thanks so much for linking up to Friday Food Frenzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I pinned it to make later. I'll link it back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    I love the blend of flavors and textures in your Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. What a tasty, satisfying meal! I love trying different chickpea recipes from soup to stew to falafel to hummus to salad. Thank you so much for sharing this satisfying and delicious recipe at the Plant-Based Potluck Party Blog Hop! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comments always make me happy.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY LINKS IN YOUR COMMENTS.