Happy St. Patrick's Day 2014!

March 17, 2014

Hi friends, there will not be a Makeup Monday this week because I wanted to wish everyone today a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

I made on Thursday afternoon Irish Soda Bread and it came out really good.  It was so delicious and not dry at all.  Our good friend Mike gave me this recipe from his mom who was from Ireland.  I am not sure if he wanted me to share his moms recipe so I am sharing with you a few photos of the bread I baked.




This bread came out so good and we loved it so much that I'm going to make another loaf of it this afternoon!  We all love Irish Soda Bread and it tastes so good warm with butter spread on top.



We are going to have corned beef, potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts for dinner tonight and if you want to see my recipe for brussels sprouts you can find that HERE.  My husband, daughter and I love celebrating St. Patrick's Day each year and many years ago my husband and I went out with all our friends to the St. Patrick's Day parade in New York City and that was so much fun!  Now we usually stay home and watch the parade on TV!   

I now want to share with you an Irish Blessing that I like:



Wishing you a HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Do you have any plans for today and how will you be celebrating?
  

Click HERE to see the great parties I will be linking up to!

Julie



8 comments

  1. We may make soda bread for the table tonight. What a great way to amp up the holiday spirit! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make soda bread too, your bread looks delicious. I'm wearing my green today. Happy St. Paddy's Day! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie - Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! Irish soda bread is the perfect treat for today! Thank you for your brussels sprouts recipe - I am always looking for a way to add these to the menu. Thank you for your dear friendship. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo yummy Julie, sound delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...yum! Sounds and looks delicious especially with butter on it when it's warm :) Hugs to you, sweet Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy St. Patrick's Julie!
    And thank you for sharing about the bread and the blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dinner sounds wonderful. I love corned beef. Actually i had no idea it was st. Patricks day yesterday until I heard one of my kids say something about it. Needless to say I didn't plan a special meal. Sounds like you had a great day.
    Hugs,
    Beca

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks sooo delicious Julie! I don't think I've ever had soda bread.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comments always make me happy.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY LINKS IN YOUR COMMENTS.