Men's Knit Scarf

April 16, 2014

Hi friends, as many of you know I had been knitting a men's knit scarf for our annual holiday knit/crochet sale at our church.  Well I'm happy to say that I finished knitting the scarf last week!  I was excited to knit a men's scarf for the first time and I then decided to add some grey yarn into the scarf that my Mom had given to me.  I thought that the scarf needed a little bit of color.  I had never done color change before with knitting and it wasn't so easy but I managed.  I would love to learn how to weave in the ends of the yarn better with color change.  Perhaps my Mom can teach me that over the summer.

Here is a photo of the finished men's scarf.  


If you missed my post from the beginning stages of knitting the scarf you can see that HERE.  It explains the type of yarn I used and the book I was reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Unfortunately I started reading the book but I never got a chance to finish it due to knitting, crocheting, blogging and home life.  I used to read so many books and I hope to get back into reading more once the summer comes.  

If you missed the middle stages of my progress on the knit scarf you can see that post HERE.




I knit the scarf until it measured 60 inches long.  I knitted 12 rows of brown yarn and then added 2 knit rows of grey yarn throughout the scarf.  I do hope that this scarf sells at our church sale this fall and if it doesn't than my husband is going to be the lucky one to wear it next winter!  

Click HERE to see the great parties I will be linking up to!


Julie

19 comments

  1. Hi Julie,

    That's a very beautiful scarf
    ..... I too have been thinking to start knittin..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just a lovely scart, Julie! I really would love to learn to knit! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out nice. The color change is perfect for a little added oomph and style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, the scarf looks great. The addition of the stripes was a good idea. It gives it a little color and breaks it up just enough. You must look forward to your church sale. It sounds like such a fun event. Happy Easter weekend to you and your family.
    Beca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the finished look, Julie. I think the rows of blue really add a nice look to the scarf. Well done, sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on finishing the scarf it had turned out really nice. Weaving in ends with knitting is never as easy as in crochet, it's almost impossible to make them invisible, I never have time for books either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Julie, well done with this scarf, knitting does make a change from crochet from time to time, I'm sure this will be a winner at the Church Sale :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Julie! I can basically knit and purl...and neither very well! I would love to learn more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice scarf Julie. You have to finish The Book Thief. It was really good. Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats awesome scarf :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could knit so I could make one of these for my husband. Thanks for visiting Night Owl Corner....just stopping by to check out your blog too!

    Linda
    www.nightowlcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great scarf. I have not ever learned how to knit. Pinning. Thanks for linking up at the Bloggers Brags Weekly Pinterest Party

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours, Very Pink Knits on YouTube does a great tutorial on weaving in ends, helped me a lot.
    Popping over from Creative Monday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely scarf Julie, perfect colours :) thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie, I love your scarf! Great job! I haven't knitted in more years than I care to admit to, so you're way ahead of me. By the way, I keep forgetting to tell you how much I like the look of your blog. It reminds me of scrapbooking....another thing I haven't had time for in ages! Thank you for sharing at the "all things handmade" link party on the Go Crochet Crazy Blog (www.GoCrochetCrazy.blogspot.com). I hope to see you there again this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks great! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Julie, that's a lot of knitting! Great job. Weaving in the ends is always the worst part - if only stripes didn't look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julie, silly me didn't realie you knit too. I've only seen your crocheted projects. Awesome scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice! I've only started knitting recently, and I have to admit, color changes scare me, so I haven't even tried yet! It's a great "man's" project! I have a hard time coming up with things to make for my hubby.

    Thanks for sharing at the Yarn Fanatic Party! I can't wait to see what you have this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comments always make me happy.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY LINKS IN YOUR COMMENTS.